At Dushane Dental Arts, the health of our patients and team are number one priority. Our office has always followed a high standard of care and infection control. Due to the recent outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, our office has elevated to an even higher level of infection control and safety. Our entire team has been trained on new policies, protocols and procedures to ensure everyone’s health and safety. Following are some of the new measures we have implemented immediately. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary.
• Trained all team members on new practices, protocols and procedures relating to COVID-19
• Temperature checks on all team members upon arrival
• Health screening questionnaire to be completed every work day upon arrival
• N95 or KN95 mask to be worn at all times throughout the office, changed between patients
• Sick employees will not come to work
• Health pre-screening when scheduling appointments
• Temperature checks upon arrival
• Hand sanitizer available throughout the office for patients and team members
• Call our office upon arrival to the building. Patients must wait in their car or outside until exam room is ready. We will notify you when to come in.
• Only scheduled patients are allowed in the dental office, no accompaniments
• Face coverings must be worn at all times throughout the office building
• Pre-rinse with hydrogen peroxide prior to treatment
• Appointment times are staggered so we eliminate anyone sitting or waiting in the waiting room. This also minimizes the number of people in the office at any given time.
• More time between patients for proper disinfection
• We will observe social distancing throughout the office where possible
• No congregating in the waiting room
• All magazines and items that cannot be disinfected have been removed from the waiting room
• Air filtration and purifiers throughout the office. The building has also made changes to the air conditioning filtration system to improve air quality.
• New dental equipment to capture aerosol and droplets in the treatment rooms, otherwise, minimizing or avoiding aerosol generating procedures.
• Every half hour to an hour we wipe down the waiting room and common spaces with disinfectant.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
• Laundering service including scrubs for all team members
• Additional PPE for all team members including: N95 masks, face shields, disposable full length gowns, hair bonnets, shoe coverings.
• If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you call us to reschedule your dental appointment. Some symptoms include:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Body aches
• Loss of smell or taste
• Please notify our staff before your appointment if you have recently traveled or if you have been exposed to someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
• If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately.
Additional Resources for additional information regarding COVID-19:
• Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
• LA County Department of Public Health (LACDPH): https://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov
• American Dental Association (ADA): https://www.ada.org
• California Dental Association (CDA): https://www.cda.org
• Los Angeles Dental Society (LADS): https://www.ladental.com